Friday, July 10, 2009
Summing up the day: 9 July 2009 (18 Tir 88)
1. The number of the protesters clearly overwhelmed the government forces.
2. Despite some set backs, the decentralized nature of the protests made the security forces feel frustrated, confused and powerless.
3. Protests at national level seem to work much better than planned demonstrations on specific locations in the capital; Tehran needs people in other cities to get involved.
4. BBC was quite disappointing in covering the protests. Were they affected by the nonsense of the IR?
5. Where are Mousavi and Karoubi? Their status as leaders of the movement is not clear anymore to a lot of people.
6. Tehran, Tabriz, Esfahan, and Shiraz are the heart of the protests.
7. Today, people sent a strong message to the government that their movement is still alive and kicking, despite the reign of terror in last few weeks.
8. We WON!