Monday, October 31, 2005

Against the wind

I recognized my pain, but I did not indulge in it. For years, I marched against the wind. The harder it blew, the faster I walked. I saluted the cold rain when others took refuge. I saluted my breathlessness, brokenness, and sorrow. Those were the moments I felt most alive, most dedicated, and most determined. And now… There is simply no pain to inspire. Only the anguish of purposelessness and indulgence. This is my story; welcome to my narrative of suffering.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Hydra -
This is one of your best posts. Well written and I enjoyed reading it.
Thanx 4 sharing & cheers :)

Anonymous said...

Hallo Hydra,
It is beautiful! I read it a couple of times and the effect was the same!
Continue what you're doing, it's great!

Anonymous said...

va man mosaferam ey badhaye hamvare..........

Hydra said...

Hi Farzad and Diana. Thanks for your comments.

Narges, Are you traveling with or against the winds?

Anonymous said...

istadan dar bad ro dost daram, gahi ba mane, gahi bar man, ama ozve hezbesh nistam..........ziba nist? vaghti hamrahe ba bad, ghasedaki miyad , navide baran.........

Dr O2 said...

actually there is more life in pain than in joy as I have felt it. but the treshold varies & it takes more of pain to feel ok time after time. After the climax though...

A powerful message Hydra.

Hydra said...

That's true, Omid. It's the very nature of pain to be addictive....

Anonymous said...

Wow, kinda extreme... I'd feel sorry for the one to look back at his or her life and think this..
Pain leads to hate, hate is extra bagage.. Life's to short to be pissed off all the time.. Even if that is the source of you're inspiration.. If you'd live like this how will you find your reqium